Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Glass Castle

After reading through Ian McEwan's Saturday, this was a very great read. I hate it when the authors painfully describe the details of every scene they are talking about. It much more interesting when they simply guide your main line of thought, allowing you to paint your own pictures, re-create the scenes in your head. I like page turners - and this book was very much that.

To me, reading about the lives of real people arouses far more interest than the work of someone's imagination; it seems have more authority, more meaning, more substance.

I'm not too great at telling stories, so I won't. Even this is to pass the time; have some fun with pictures and words; build a log to read some day.

One thing that comes to mind about the Glass Castle is this - Its a very real instance to which applies, the quote by Oscar Wilde - "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

No comments: