Friday, July 20, 2007

The pursuit of happiness

Come to think of it, it really is only a pursuit. No wonder Will Smith was nominated for an Oscar for his role in the movie. While watching the movie, one thought kept haunting me - that my life is so damn easy; did I earn it? Do I deserve it? There is no struggle, basic needs are taken for granted. It was perhaps the first time that I have been consciously thankful and grateful to my parents, for raising us kids the way they did, for pursuing our education, enabling us to live the way we do.


I don't think the movie was depressing. There were moments that made you want to cry. But the movie made me think of the way I live; made me appreciate what I have and motivated me during those two hours to give everything I've got into everything I do. If a movie can evoke all that, its gotta be a damn good one!

No comments: