Friday, December 28, 2007

Taare zameen par



There have been only a few movies from Bollywood that I have seen which have had an intent of making people take a moment to reflect on the current state of being. When something is done long enough, it comes to be accepted as the norm. Not a thought given, no questions asked, even if it might be the ass-backwards way of doing things; 'this is the way it has always been!'.

This movie had quite a few eye openers thrown in and I can tell that it did reach the people - for how long and when they are in the hot seat, I cant tell and I cant be too hopeful, but even if for only a fleeting moment, the message did get across.

I'm not sure if he will get the appreciation he deserves, but the Dad in the movie did a very kewl job.. In retrospect, I love the name of the movie and more so this line from one of the songs in the movie- 'Kho naa jaye, Tare zamin par'!! Awesome imagination!

No comments: