Friday, March 14, 2008

The clock is ticking!

Imagine that you don't need to work. Its been taken care of! What you make in a month, magically appears in your account the first of each month.

What would you do with yourself? How would you spend your days???? List down roughly what your week would look like...(PS: You have the same financial capability, not infinite:P, so be real!)
.
.
.
.
.
.
Having done that, pick some of these and forcibly squeeze them into your life, if you don't already. I wouldn't want life to pass you by, while you are busy working. The thing is that, the more work you do, the more there will remain to be done. It never gets done and neither is it meant to be. It is meant to sustain your living, not BE your life.

I, by no means, am implying that one should not weigh their work much. Quite the contrary; if you aren't true to it, don't have the aspiration to do more and grow, there will be little satisfaction in anything you do. My point is that, work is only part of your life, it is important, but its only a part of your life. Just that ain't enough.

Choose to live a full life. That is what it really is - a choice you make.
The clock is ticking...

2 comments:

Parag said...

I more than agree to what you are saying. Myself, I have seen life pass by while I'm busy. I try to keep reminding myself, that its just a part..but it nonetheless takes up lot of my time.

And its interesting to see this coming from you, who was known as a registered workaholic!

balpeck said...

I have had crazy working hours, sometimes 20+ hour-days for as much as a week.. its usually just the need of the hour..its typical in our business to have spikes but its important that we recognize and make use of the lull between them to explore more than whats on TV or just laze around and try other stuff.

If all you ever is spikes, then something, somewhere is horribly messed up.