Saturday, May 10, 2008

Spring 2008 Graduation Ceremony at ASU






This wasn't my graduation, not just yet... damn!

Getting my Bachelor's degree, did not really leave me with any sense of achievement. May be I had it easy, or may be I just didn't care, everyone around you, everyone you know is graduating, so whats the big deal?

Well, getting to the ceremony to see a friend graduate, made it seem like a big deal. The band with the Scottish piper and all, the students and the staff dressed in the traditional gowns and hats, a fairly packed arena, long speeches, big applauses, the several photo sessions afterward, all made it a big occasion. Each fall/spring, about 500 graduate from the engineering college at A.S.U. which isn't, too much really.

I don't know, but I still don't feel too strongly about my own graduation yet. It certainly is a milestone along the road - I know I would be glad at getting out of college, but would it be with the excitement of having graduated? Probably not. I'm on the fence on attending my own ceremony and pray it will be the fall of 2008. May be that ought to change it a little; if it doesn't then I freaking just don't care :P

No comments: