Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The two handed back-hand

If theres anything in the game more than the serve to be dreaded, its developing a good double handed backhand. I will invariably slice anything on my backhand; while its effective, it will only help me stay alive - not kick ass. So having taken my serve a notch up, I think its about time I give my back hand the due attention.

One thing, greatly wrong, that I have been doing is getting my right foot across. Since the time I have realized that was not a great thing to do, I do get some good ones on and off.


Right shoulder points toward the ball.


Racket head pints to the back fence, about waist high. For more power, at the expense of loss in control, take the racket head even further back.

Stay relaxed - The arms should really be transferring the power in the legs, shoulders and torso onto the racket.


Start with all the weight on the back leg(left) and transfer it onto the front foot just before hitting the ball. Do not plant the right foot across.


The left side of the body should follow through. Combine with a low to high swing of the arms.

If you tend to spin after having hit it, you've done good!

Now, the entire thing:


Ref:Master the two handed backhand(BBC Sports)

No comments: