Sunday, June 29, 2008

Countdown clocks

I have about 4 months before I graduate and currently I ain't taking things as seriously as I should be. So to see if this psychological warfare works for me, began my quest for a way to put countdown clocks on my website and my desktop, which is where I Spend a lot of my time.

For my website I found a fairly simple looking and simple to use Java script code here.
<script language='JavaScript'>
TargetDate = "10/27/2008";
BackColor = "white";
ForeColor = "grey";
CountActive = true;
CountStepper = -1;
LeadingZero = true;
DisplayFormat = "****%%D%% Days, %%H%% Hours****";
FinishMessage = "It is finally here!";
</script>
<script language='JavaScript' src='http://balpeck.googlepages.com/countdown.js'/>
Well, it wasnt enough for me to put it on the blog; I wanted it on my desktop also, staring at me, when I am doing crazy stuff - like this. So, another quick search led me to this - PhanTim3

Here is what it looks like, sitting on the upper-right corner:

It is pretty cool, with changeable skins, opacity control, always on top option.. only the Stick to desktop is not what I thought it was.. if I switch windows, it goes away from the desktop - i guess it gets minimised, but is hiddden; something for their forums I guess. Anyway, it is cool enough to use than make my own.


THE CLOCK IS TICKING....

No comments: